Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wish me luck

Today, I am doing something that terrifies me. I am speaking via a phone webinar to the Public Relations Society of America.

I spent most of Sunday practicing, and I think it will be okay, but I will be so, so, so glad when it's over.

Anyway, here's the announcement that Kent Wissinger sent to publicize the program.

Financial Communications at a Crossroads

Feb. 18, 2014

Markets have been surging and profits at financial institutions are up, so why haven’t opportunities improved for communications professionals? Employment challenges, increased job pressures, and a convergence of media continue to limit communicators in workplace and marketplace. Join us for an insightful presentation by veteran financial writer Jennifer Kelly of Kelly Communications who will provide an in-depth look at this issue and steps we can take to improve our positions. Kelly has more than two decades of experience serving a diverse client base of investment banks, mutual fund managers, insurers, private equity firms and related service companies. For her presentation, Kelly will review:



· Overview of financial services industry

· Shifting trends in communications

· Taking advantage of emerging opportunities

Back to music tomorrow.


1 comment:

jenniferpkelly said...

Okay, so I did it and it seemed to go okay and now I'm going to get on with my life.