Sunday, October 13, 2013

Clara Moto

Hey, it's the end of the world as we know it...or at least it will be on Thursday. Do you feel fine?

I actually feel reasonably good for someone who hasn't been paid for anything for about a month and who is running out of money with frightening speed. I'm not a Federal Worker, but my clients have all shut down anyway...figures. Though, really, I'm going to be working a good bit next week, and I have a pretty healthy amount of receivables. I suppose it'll work itself out eventually.

Meantime, I did a small 5K through the woods on Saturday and came in an improbably 3rd (woman, I did say the race was small, didn't I). I'm also getting ready for the annual trip out to Chicago for my dad's birthday. He's 83, so you never know when it will be the last one...I hope to get to see my son, Sean, as well. I'm staying an extra day downtown to that end, but if he blows me off (he is so BUSY), I'm planning on trying to hit the Chicago Film Festival and see something really strange and foreign that will never show up in the Colonial Theater in Keene.

And speaking of foreign and strange...we ended watching Rules of the Game last night, and it was sort of fascinating...30s French film, what they'd call a "door play" in theater, because everyone's going to bed with everyone else and coming in and out of doors all the time. We have to tap into Criterion more often. There are about 100 films on there that I feel like I should see if I want to be civilized, and still, we end up watching Good Wife instead. What cretins.

Oh, and the title of the post is the name of an Austrian DJ whose Blue Distance I have, more or less, fallen into backward this afternoon. You know what an unmannered philistine I am about electronic music, if you read this blog or know me at all, but I know what I like FWIW, and I like this a lot.

Try a little

No comments: