Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Like angels...

I asked about reviewing the new Trentemoller at Blurt, and got shot down, which is fine, I got a bunch of other good stuff, but nothing quite as ethereally gorgeous as this cut, "The Dream" which is sung by Low in that tight, trembly harmony that they do, which just sort of picks you off the ground and floats you away.



Anyway, very pretty. There are some other really interesting people on this album -- Jana Hunter of Lower Dens, Sune Rose Wagner of the Raveonettes, Kazu Makino of Blonde Redhead, Marie Fisker and Ghost Society. It's out September 24 on In My Room.

I didn't blog yesterday because I was to the wall with work stuff, and also because Blogger kept logging me out, but it seems to be working now. I'm doing pretty well career-wise now, but let's see what happens when Syria blows up or the Fed cuts its stimulus, probably right back to the toilet for financial writers. Anyway...let's enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: