Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Still Careful

About a year and a half ago, I reviewed the really quite lovely, ethereally oddball debut Oh Light from Careful, a one man experimental pop outfit conceived by Eric Lindley. Lindley's one-sheet caught my eye, because we both went to Dartmouth (different decades)...and he's got a really interesting background, a double major in music and physics, a fascination with robotics. None of that would have mattered, however, if Oh Light had not been quite so beautiful.

Now, a couple of years later, Lindley has written a follow-up, Because I Am Always Talking, just as pretty, just as ineffable, but oddly tinged with commercial rap's favorite audio trick, auto-tune.

I like it anyway. It's out August 21. Here's the first single.


Also, if for any reason, you want to read my review of the debut, it's here.

No comments: