Thursday, June 28, 2012

ACA!!!

You can't believe how relieved and happy I am about the Supreme Court's surprising turn towards sanity. I have been struggling with some health issues lately, probably nothing but maybe, worst case, cancer...and thinking what the hell do I want to spend $1000 on tests for something that I have no money to treat? so anyway, if it is cancer (and it's probably not) it may be too late for me, but Sean will have health care, even if he doesn't make any money, Bill will have health care...and all you musicians out there will have health care...lots fewer Alex Chilton's dying because of lack of treatment.

so I'm going to go ahead and have that ultrasound when I get home and we'll see...

4 comments:

Ian said...

This is the first place I heard about the decision! Great news. Hope all the health stuff goes as well as possible.

jenniferpkelly said...

Yes, unexpectedly humane for the U.S. of A. I hope so, too.

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

I hope it's nothing, but you're right to check it out! My youngest siblings are around your son's age so I hope ACA works out for all.

jenniferpkelly said...

Yes, I'd feel better about Sean's trying to be an actor and living the boho life if he had health insurance.

Also, Bill and I have had enough minor problems to make it unlikely that we'll ever be able to buy private health insurance. Both in good health basically (at least I thought so up to now, we'll see), but they're very picky.