Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wow…Get Help


This doesn’t happen nearly often enough, this thing where you put a new record that you know nothing about on the player and it just…knocks your head off. But it does happen sometimes and it’s happened just recently with Get Help, a Boston band led by Tony Skalicky of the Beatings (a band I seem to remember hearing good things about, but never really followed up on). Anyway, there’s a new record called The Good Green Earth coming in May on Midriff Records, and it’s fantastic hard-edged power pop with some sort of a mid-1980s college radio vibe showing through (I close my eyes and think, sorta REM, sorta Feelies, sorta Jason Falkner but not really any of them). Here’s a track from their blog which didn’t quite make the record. It’s called “Lives We Lead.”


Now I’m going to see if I can get someone to let me write about this.

No comments: