Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Black Angels

I’ve got a review of Black Angels Phosphene Dream up today at Dusted. I enjoyed it, but with some reservations, liking especially the handful of tracks where the disc “diverges from VU-ish drone into brighter, janglier territories.”

The whole review is here.
http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/6041

Here they are playing “Telephone” on Letterman.


Hey, I might be interviewing Jon Spencer today, if he has time. (He’s calling me…weird.)

Intriguing stuff that’s come in recently:
Exrays…new project from Tim Cohen
Reissue of T. Rex’s The Slider
New Giant Sand
Live Ex

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

Mmmm, T. Rex. I LOVE The Slider. Who's doing this new reissue?

jenniferpkelly said...

Fat Possum. Daniel Gill's working it.

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

Never would have thought that Fat Possum would be doing it. I'll have to check it out when the vinyl is released. I've got a deluxe reissue from years ago, but the vinyl is where I first heard it.

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

Never would have thought that Fat Possum would be doing it. I'll have to check it out when the vinyl is released. I've got a deluxe reissue from years ago, but the vinyl is where I first heard it.