Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ty Segall again

I was hoping that Lemons would solve my Ty Segall problem, i.e. that his wonderfully raucous S-T came too late last year to wedge its way onto my 2008 list. (Indeed, I didn’t discover it until well into 2009, so much for the bleeding edge, eh?) A new record could stand in for the old one, fair is fair, everything evens out, except in this case, it doesn’t. I ended up liking Lemons a good bit less than Ty Segall and it’s hard to see how it will make its way into top 20 for 2009. Top 30 maybe, but no one cares about that. (As if not caring were any excuse…we’d all sit around doing nothing all day if we did only things that people care about.)

Okay, but I gave it a six and liked it maybe 6.5 worth and the review’s up at Blurt. You can read it right now if you want.


Or check out this track at Spinner, “It #1” (the boy loves his its.)

4 comments:

snivel and run said...

fair enough on lemons (even though i still think it could find its way into my top twenty list), but maybe the 7", universal momma, will satisfy enough to enter into that top ten list of yours.

jenniferpkelly said...

I'd like to hear that...I have a bunch of Ty singles but not that one and not the split with Dwyer, which must be awesome.

snivel and run said...

ok. here ius the ty segall/thee oh sees split, courtesy of primavera -
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwkd1r5oqdm
and here is the ty segall universal momma, courtesy of me -
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znougzy40tw
the ty segall/ black time split is very, very awesome. I just received mine in the mail this week! here's a link to that, again, courtesy of primavera -
http://www.mediafire.com/?1mjjmzykztm
enjoy!

jenniferpkelly said...

Thanks a lot!

Let me know if there's anything I can send you...from my blog or whatever.