Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I’m not going to see Sonic Youth this year…but I’m on the list for Megafaun

Yes, my instinct for the marginal is in full flare this week, but I do have a couple of interesting pieces to share.

First I dive deep into alt.rock history in a Flavorwire piece on bands that have opened for Sonic Youth.


I couldn’t get on SY’s guest list if I tried, but I am sort of psyched about seeing Bowerbirds and Megafaun later this week. My review of Bowerbirds’ Upper Air runs today at Dusted.

“Northern Lights”

2 comments:

Derek Sunshine said...

I saw a bunch of folks link to that Flavorwire piece. Very nice.

I saw SY here in Richmond this month and the turn out was good. While I'm glad they came to town, it wasn't my favorite SY show ever.

jenniferpkelly said...

Hey, Jack, thanks.

I think Boston was the closest show, and that seems like kind of a haul. They play around here once in a while. I'll probably just wait for that.

I like the new record. What was missing at the show?